October 17, 2014

Biweekly Progress on Film

The past two weeks were busy!

Here's a quick summary!

I messaged sales support at Solid Angle asking if I could use Arnold to render my film, and they were extremely friendly. Jorge Bazaco is the one who replied (on the day that I sent the message... On Thanksgiving weekend, haha). I'm excited to say that I will be able to use Arnold for my film. (SO EXCITED OGMOGMOGMG)

Credits: As an assignment for one of my classes, we had to create closing credits for our films. I believed it was odd at first (to create a draft of the credits sequence before the film is done), though, once completed I could see that while deciding what they should look like, it also helped me decide what I wanted the theme and genre of my animation/film to be.

CHARACTER MODELS
The base mesh for my male character model is complete.
Time to zbrush details righhhht in to finish it off.
The female model is undergoing re-works with new a new image and new references, but she's progressing. THANKFULLY...

STORY DEVELOPMENT
I am quoting myself here (yes, it is weird, but I'm doing it),
"It is going to be a comedic, slapstick, fun animated short of 1 minute.
In short, the story is about a guy who tries to get a girl's attention. She is taking care of a very important plant (it is the last one surviving on the planet). When he finally distracts her, the plant is put in harms way and is in danger. They work together to save the plant!" -myself

ANIMATIC is a WIP

By the next blog post I anticipate having completed my animatic which is a BIG step in progress, which, to be honest, seems unlikely but I wont have a choice to at least have a draft set up!

Here's a gif for how classmates and myself feel.


EVERY DAY IS A NEW CHALLENGE.

It's okay. We'll keep swimming. :) **PICTURES TO COME**