December 17, 2014

Alas, An Update on the Film!

There have been a lot of changes, and there will continue to be a lot of changes. I need to make sure that I can meet the final deadline, and I truly believe I will (I BETTER>:C).

 I'll put things here in the order that they were created (from oldest to newest).

Here are some layout shots that were done near the end of November. I find the layout stage really easy and really ugly.
So, we can see that a base model has been set for the environment, characters, and props. The light shaft lies right above the flower and isn't in the shot.

Here I explored how to create an "organic" looking flower. I'm still unsure about some of this but that's how it is with everything and me, so it'll do for now. 

Started with a sphere, sliced, turbosmooth (above all modifiers), tweaked low base mesh of sphere, added FFD modifier above all. I ended up using a free flower head that was quite beautiful (from here) but kept the mid level leaves I created (below head but at top of stem... (confusing)) and the two bottom leaves I created. 

Began texturing. *spazzes*
I love texturing. Reaching a realistic look is quite challenging though results can be quite beautiful if done right. I will aspire to do so. 

Mmm, checker pattern.


SHADERS!!! <3 And no, I didn't add the stem texture from above. I lied about the order, I actually played with shaders and lighting before doing the texture... And the refined stem/leaves model.

Arnold renderer, you make anything look great. *spazzes again*

She had her proportions changed slightly. Her hands encountered some difficulty when being rigged. I designed them badly so they don't work well. Her shoulders as well. :(
This is the new Vladimir. A robot, whut? He's supposed to be a robot so he could mesh better with the other character. Problem is, they still look like they're from completely different worlds. I'll have to see what I can do about that.
-_-

SO MANY THINGS TO FIX.


fin.